We aim to develop in our students the capacity to make well-informed, balanced career choices for their future after school, as well as the skills and attitudes that will enable them to self-manage their own careers throughout their life.
Starting from Form 2, students are provided with class-based information and individual guidance that is relevant to their stage of development:
- Form 2 – Making informed subject choices
- Form 3 – Building awareness of career options
- Form 4 – Understanding the workplace through work shadowing
- Form 5 – Preparing for further education
- Form 6 – Transition to university study and employment
The career guidance counsellor has a shared office on floor 5 that includes an area for private consultation. Students can also access resources such as university course guides, overseas summer program brochures, and career assessment tests. Events such as university visits and information sessions are advertised on Facebook page MAC Student Careers.