The physical health and wellbeing of our students is very important to our school.
Currently we have a full-time in-house doctor – and starting from September 2018 a nurse as well – to ensure that injuries and illness can be treated by an experienced health professional as they arise.
Medical staff provide daily care for students in K1 through to F6, treating general sickness and providing first aid for injuries. Regular programs include:
- Health screenings and vaccinations – coordinated with the Health Bureau http://www.ssm.gov.mo
- HPV vaccinations for P6 girls
- Hearing tests for K1–K3
- Surveillance of infectious diseases – under the direction of the Centre for Disease Control
- Optional annual flu vaccinations for teachers and general staff.
Health education and promotion
Our school recognises that good nutrition and hygiene are very important in maintaining long-term health. Our medical staff therefore ensure that good practices are highlighted in our school environment through health education and promotional activities, such as:
- Annual Fruit Day
- Clean Classroom competition
- Health education talks
More information and advice about health and outbreaks is available from the Health Bureau.
Our school doctor is Dr Masuda Khanam. Dr Masuda and the school nurse are located in brand-new facilities on RC floor near the administration office. Their working hours are 8.00am–5.00pm.